98 Dodge Caravan Dash Light Blinking/Flashing
It’s kind of late to be posting this, almost 11 years that is :) but keep on reading and good thing will unveil slowly!!
My 98 Dodge Caravan, recently I had to take it’s battery out for some maintenance and after putting the battery back in when I started the car, weirdly enough, all my dashboards lights started flashing (the lights on the wiper and climate control buttons).
I was pretty sure this must be some issue related to “reset”. So I took it to show the guys at maintenance and they told me right away that I need to replace my battery with a new one, which seemed very illogical to be honest.
So I start searching for some sort of reset and surprisingly enough, I found one!!
Following the steps below, I was able to stop the light blinking/flashing on my Caravans dashboard:
- Start the van.
- Slide the temperature lever all the way to the left (full cold).
- Turn the Mode Control to ‘panel’ (the one that sends air to your face only).
- Turn the ‘blower switch’ to all the way to full.
- Now go to the leftmost three buttons. Press and hold the top one (rear wiper on constant) and the bottom one (rear wiper washer fluid) until the lights come on solid then begin to flash, and then you can let go.
- The AC will now calibrate. You will feel the air blow out of all the different zones at different intervals and see lights come on and go off. Then after a minute or two the top button you pressed will be slowly flashing. This means it has been completed.
- Press the last flashing button and you are done.
Now that was fun to see it actually work and not to mention saving almost $200 on replacing the battery was a big reward too.
I was aware of resets in modern devices such as Xbox 360, PS3 or remotes that has these sort of hidden sequences that executes certain reset protocol but to find it in a 11 year old van was really surprising. I am pretty sure that this sequence still exists in the new caravan models, so if you are having similar sort of problems you may want to give this a try in newer models too.
I hope this helps someone too, let me know if it does.
- Safari Park in Canada - ...
- University of Toronto - ...
- A Long Drive Home in a Canadian Winter Storm!! - ...
- Magic of Sky, Rain and Sun - ...