In order to get JDBC working with Connection Pooling Support, you will need to add the latest version of the following files to your Library:
- commons-dbcp-x.x.x.jar (http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/)
- commons-pool-x.x.x (http://commons.apache.org/pool/)
- mysql-connector-java-x.x.x-bin.jar (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/)
Put the above files in your WEB-INF/lib folder and let your IDE(Eclipse) know the existence of of the above files.
You will also need to add the following imports at the the top of files where you want access to CPDS:
- import org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS;
- import org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource;